Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chandrama

“I know she has changed. I have seen her. Her innocence has been replaced by bitterness. Her trusting nature has changed; her behaviour has changed…..” Torsha said. “You should think twice before approaching her.”

“From whichever angle I study, I blame only myself. I should have proposed to her.” Debdeep said.

“I thought Rakesh was a better match for her, he was rich, bachelor and good looking. Whereas I was middle class and widower with a child. So I walked away from her even though I knew it very well that she loved me. Was just waiting for me to propose, she even hinted me.”

“But I had to play her well wisher, the sacrificial type and I succeeded in ruining her.”

Torsha softly patted his hands, noticing the deep pain in his eyes. She has wanted him to marry Chandrama. They were classmates and she has known Chandrama very well. She was the perfect match for Debdeep and vice versa. They both were soft natured and loving.

Rakesh walked in just a few steps before Debdeep was going to pop the question and Debdeep’s inferiority complex overpowered his love. Rakesh seemed obsessed with Chandrama. They made a cute couple there was no doubt about it but appearance hardly holds any ground in long run.

Slowly Debdeep started to step back, initially Chandrama tried to pull him back but then she misunderstood him. She thought that her love was absolutely one-sided so she sealed her lips and hoped that her loved one will be happy.

Her love for him was too deep, so she kept on refusing Rakesh. Who took it very badly and made her life miserable.

He mistreated her, scandalized her and in the process ruined her position in the society absolutely. He chased her for five years and married some one else. Leaving behind a bitter and angry Chandrama.

Debdeep lived in Mumbai and Chandrama was too reserved to share her problems with him. She thought that Rakesh and he were very good friends. So she kept her anger to herself during their occasional interactions.

Debdeep was shocked to see her when he came to attend Rakesh’s marriage. He instantly contacted Torsha and the truth came out.

“I want to see if my love can bring back my lover. I won’t walk away this time.” Debdeep softly said.

No comments:

Post a Comment